If you go to the Australian Taxation Office's site you will find that if you want to download and use E Tax, that you have to use a Version 5 browser and above. Does it get worse.....my word it does... it has to be IE!!!! If you want to use their electronic business access you have to use IE as well. This is to the point that you can't even fill in numbers for your ABN (Australian Business Number) if you're using Firefox.

No, it's worse than that, you *must* have IE as your *default* browser. At least that was the case when I installed about a year ago. The java runtime is kind enough to check that IE is default and to bow out if not. But once it is installed you can get around the problem and use firefox, and it works fine - although I'm sure it'll mean another penalty or something :-)

I spoke to a dude at the ATO and he was tremendously sheepish about the whole thing. LOL.
Simon

PS. First post - no problems I hope.