Hi Soeren,

That will only appear as a warning in the validator anyway, which I assume is
just there as a reminder in case you've forgotten to specify an appropriate
background-color which will allow enough contrast. As you've said though, in
this case it obviously doesn't matter. I would just ignore warnings like these,
as long as there are no errors then your page has "passed validation".

Cheers

Lee

Soeren Mordhorst  (03/03/2006  08:21):
>I feel good when a validation-program could not find any failures,
>cause it gives me a secure feeling that at least the basics of standards
>are complied.
>But how important is the validation with tools like hera or the
>w3c-validators realy?
>Let's take an example:
>After a CSS-validation made by w3c there appears the result:"You have no
>background-color with your color : h1".
>In this case my question would be: Why should I define a
>background-color, if the background-color
>that should be used is already defined in the body-element?
>
>All the best,
>
>Soeren
>The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/
>
> See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
> for some hints on posting to the list & getting help

the system manager.
All incoming and outgoing e-mails are monitored for the presence of
profanity and racist remarks, pornographic, sexually explicit or obscene
material, and unsolicited content or spam.
www.mimesweeper.com
City of Newcastle website:-  http://www.newcastle.gov.uk
Newcastle Schools website:- http://www.newcastle-schools.org.uk
Competitive City:- http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/compcity