Hi guys,

I am fighting with this little css problem but I am coming to the conclusion
that it is impossible to solve. I thought I should check with others though,
just to make sure I don't overlook anything:

I am working on a liquid design of a website. The design fits fine into
800x600 and starts expanding beyond that. The problem I am facing is that I
want a 10 pixel border to appear on the left and right of the design if the
browser window is larger than 800x600. If the window is 800x600 the border
should disappear (because otherwise the design doesn't fit).

So in a way I am creating a three-column design:

|------||---------------||------|
|      ||               ||      |
|      ||               ||      |

Column 1: max-width of 10px, collapses to 0px on 800x600

Column 2: min-width of 780px, expands on larger windows

Columns 3: max-width of 10px, collapses to 0px on 800x600

Has anybody done something like this before? Of course I would want it to
work on all major browsers (at least IE and FF)

Thanks!

Andreas.