Tom Worthington wrote:

Any suggestions on web projects for my students this year <http://www.tomw.net.au/2005/wd/>?

G'day Tom,

Could I suggest that quality projects present themselves quite easily in the form of non profit organisations. There are many of these around as we all know and many of them don't have the resources and funds to afford some quality web design. Working with live organisations provide the opportunity for students to interact with real people and respond to their needs and wishes and this is how the real world works.

Another very beneficial aspect of working with non profits is that they are generally made up of members of the community. As such, students have the ability to spread the word about standards compliance and accessibility on a broad basis that can reach back into the business community itself.

Kind regards,

Ric

PS On reviewing your page, albeit briefly, I noted your comparison of the web splash page with the cover of the book. A fair comparison I suppose, but personally I find splash pages a total waste of time and bytes. Give me the meat straight away.