Lisa B McLaughlin wrote:
Hello of band of web wizards!

I am looking for a resource for current website legal requirements for the
USA and UK.  I did the typical Google search and found a site for the UK,
but it's second-hand info.  I don't have a definitive resource for the USA.

Specially, I am looking to write privacy statements, legal non-mumbo-jumbo,
and check current accessibility issues.  I also want to be compliant of any
other laws I may not know details about, such as the one about asking before
you put someone's name/email on an email newsletter subscription.

Any suggestions?  I'm probably missing something downright obvious.
these references (though mostly Australian) may help you scope the legal risks

*Metadata and Electronic Document Management for Electronic Commerce
<http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/ecommerce/>

*Making an Accessible and Functional Website for the 2008 Beijing Olympics
http://www.tomw.net.au/2003/bws.html

*Information Privacy
<http://www.xamax.com.au/CV/PublDV.html>

*financial (accountability/liability/security of financial
transactions)/audit trails/taxation)
*for the US see alsoIT Governance/Sarbanes Oxley/SOX

*copyright.

*The Expanding Web of Defamation: Gutnick v Dow Jones
<http://www.murdoch.edu.au/elaw/issues/v8n4/nicholson84.html>

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz