On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:05:01 +0100, Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Problem: client wants (insists on having) popup windows.
>
> Question: can they be made "OK" according to all canons of WSG? (ie served in
> different/alternative manner for people, devices, etc. - leave aside the js
> argument,
> as that I have solved).

I would say that, standards or no standards, pop-ups increasingly just
don't work. Speaking for myself, I find links that open new windows/
tabs when I don't want them to highly irritating. All the browsers
I use let me control where I want my next page to appear - I don't
need that decision made for me.

Perhaps the linked pages belong to competitors, and the client does not
want visitors to see them?

Cordially,
David