On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:43:58 +0000, Designer wrote:
> Thanks to those who responded on this.  What I've done is to make a file
> which uses the
> javascript to determine the space available in the browser window, [...]
>

> You can see all this at:  http://www.rhh.myzen.co.uk/gam/sandbox/

> David Hucklesby suggested:
>
>> Use JavaScript to change the element's top-margin style directly, perhaps?
>>
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:56:06 +0000, Designer then asked:
>
> How exactly would you do that?  (I'm interested, and I'm learning :-) )

Well, as you figured the amount of space needed to push the DIV down
in order to center it, I was thinking of something like:

contentDiv.style.marginTop = calculatedGap + 'px';

However, did you look at Georg's solution he sent Saturday?

<http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/alien/test_07_3810.html>

For IE, he uses JavaScript (or is it JScript?) in a Microsoft-only
"expression" to position the DIV's top. It seems to solve your problem
nicely, even in IE7, while modern browsers are happy with CSS alone.

Cordially,
David