The below sounds like a good way to discourage using this list.

Bruce P
bkdesign
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:54 AM
Subject: Re: [WSG] site check - almost ready for prime time - IE weirdness

Bob Schwartz wrote:

Lots and lots and lots of emails about his site! There were 6 I just
received  within a 30 min period, another 5 within 30 mins this morning
... :(

Bearing in mind that there's over 2000 people on the list, and that
there's already a lot of list traffic, and that all of these emails are
asking people for help on a site you're building, is it not possible to:

- reply off list to people
- send one big email
- try a little harder to work things out

Whilst we want an environment that's welcoming to people as they learn, do
bear in mind that every email you send goes to everyone on the list, and
maybe just consider if they're all necessary.

Mike
- writing purely in a personal capacity and not as a list core member