Donna Jones wrote:

> Hi David: thanks for your response.  I don't think I have the same
> circumstances you describe but not sure, would you mind looking at this
> page:
> http://www.mainehumanities.org/programs/litandmed/synapse/sym-temp/feature_s07.html#

> its the "bio" link.

It is the same circumstances as I described previously, although my
browser seems to have become smarter since I last ran across anyone
doing something like that and doesn't automatically give the window a
focus to lose when it opens now (of course, if I want to copy/paste data
from it, then I'm going to run into trouble no matter what techniques I
use to focus windows).

Dealing with that tiny window is something of a annoyance though,
especially at largish font sizes.

Incidentally,

* href="#" - a link to the top of the page is a pretty poor fallback
should the JavaScript not run for any reason.

* onclick="javascript:something" - "javascript" isn't a great name for a
label, and there isn't any loop here to label (that syntax does not mean
'this event handler is written in JavaScript').

* The links in the site bar are the ultimate in mystery meat navigation.
http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/mysterymeatnavigation.html

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>