At 4/8/2007 09:18 PM, Joseph R. B. Taylor wrote:
I've been working on an em-based layout and wanted to see what your user experiences were like on this test page.
http://sitesbyjoe.foodzoomer.com/homepage.htm

It seems to break apart a little in IE 7 but as you know works fine in Firefox 2.

Although I'm fond of absolute zoom like this, I get a lot of push-back from collaborators and clients because it triggers a horizontal scrollbar at high zoom. (I don't see anyone complaining about Word, PDF, Excel, and other document formats doing this, but maybe I get the push because I'm more accessible than Bill...) My compromise is to make layouts that expand up to but not exceeding window width, such as this http://i-edu.org/ and our own site http://juniperwebcraft.com/

I don't generally make images expand because they tend to shrink and expand badly, but your large image in this demo does OK. Did you save it in any special way for this purpose?

Regards,

Paul

Paul Novitski
Juniper Webcraft Ltd.