Hi there,

I'm having a bit of trouble with IE7, and was hoping someone here may already have an answer to the problem!

I'm building a very simple splash page for a form submission from an existing site, (that we didn't build).

The problem relates to two links in the footer. The footer is just a single background image, and the links are just parts of that image that I have applied classes to, and display: block to turn them into clickable areas. This works exactly as intended in every browser except IE7 (and IE5 for Mac, but I don't care about that one!)

To see what I mean, go to: http://www.8bits.com.au/claire/

I've put an overly large border around the 'myspace' link that is causing the problem (that you can only see in IE7). Instead of sitting on top of the image, it sits behind it. I've also tried playing around with negative z-index values, but this seems to make no difference.

Any wisdom from the list that can be imparted would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick.

nick lazar
8bits Media