Bojana Lalic wrote:
Hi all

Accverify fails my code because my input element does not contain the
alt attribute or label.

I don't want any text displayed before or after the query text input
element. Should I wrap a label around the input element and then hide it
using css? How do I get around this accessibility issue?

I know I'm rather old-fashioned, by why not display text beforehand?

<label for="search">Search for: </label>
<input type="text" id="search"/>
<input type="submit" value="go"/>

It's explicit rather than implicit what is required in that field. I regularly run into problems with forms because apparently everybody is supposed to know what goes in them (I have to spend time figuring it out).

But I suppose it's all down to what happens in your user testing :)

Kat