Hello All -

Yes the age-old minimum height delimma has come to haunt me.

I usually stay away from anything that cannot be done in IE 6 without a
hack, but I've got a client who "loves" a design I did before I realized
that the main container would need to be "held open" vertically under
certain circumstances.

So, now I'm kinda stuck - can anyone help?

#content {

            width: 510px;

        min-height:500px;

        height:auto;

            margin: 0 0 0 30px;

            color: #000;

            padding-bottom: 30px;

            position: relative;

            z-index: 1;

}

I'm trying out Stu Nicholls solution for ie:

/*\*/

* html #content {

height: 500px;

}

/**/

But, it appears to be LIMITING the height of #content to 500px rather than
letting it expand if there's more than 500px of content.

BTW - the reason I'm using position and a z-index on this element is because
there's a element I that that needs to show behind it. I don't know if that
has any effect on this issue or now.

Any help GREATLY appreciated and I PROMISE not to design anything else that
may cause these IE problems. God, what a headache!

If anyone would like to see the problem live, go here: in FF and then IE 6.

Thanks to all in advance,

Cole