Hi Robby,

As far as I'm aware <strong> is here to stay. HTML and XHTML both support it. Also the page you're referring to doesn't look credible as it advocates using HTML 4.0 as a rule of thumb. Try this:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/default.asp

Or if you want the definitive answer take a look at the relevant W3C guidelines.

Regards,
Ca Phun

Robby Jennings wrote:

So which is correct? What should I be using? I know I can just use <span> tags, and apply css, it's a little clunky to me though.  Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Cheers,

Robby Jennings
UID Developer

SEEK Limited