Quoting Nick Fitzsimons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

Since I made a post whose title included double-quotes on my
WordPress-powered site, the W3C's validator has been whining at me:

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nickfitz.co.uk%2F>

because the page now contains double-quote-delimited "title" attributes
whose value, from the validator's point of view,  includes
double-quotes.

However, the actual source contains the relevant numeric character
references (&#8220; and &#8221;), not the quote characters themselves.

You're getting the errors report because the validator is using the rendered page source not the original source code. To validate the original source code either upload it or paste the source on the main page.

Ken