At 5/6/2007 11:16 AM, ~davidLaakso wrote:

My goal is still to learn what markup solutions others have settled on for headline/tagline and title/byline pairs.

If you are interested in what others have settled on try the NYT
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/education/06montana.html?_r=1&oref=slogin>

Urk -- The NY Times website is using H1 twice on this page, once for the name of the website section ('Education') and again for the name of the article ('Walking on the Wild Side of a Montana University'). Not to mention proprietary tags:

        <h1>
        <NYT_HEADLINE  version="1.0" type=" ">
        Walking on the Wild Side of a Montana University
        </NYT_HEADLINE>
        </h1>

That's why I'm asking WSG developers -- to get leading-edge, web-standards-compliant thinking.

Relevant to my question, NYT is using this:

        <NYT_BYLINE  version="1.0" type=" ">
        </NYT_BYLINE>

Regards,

Paul