Nick wrote:

I would disagree. I believe the pdf  and word issue dates back to 1999 or so,
when you needed to upgrade to the latest  and greatest of JAWS at considerable
cost to fully access pdfs. Things have changed in 8 years. Now you can access
pdfs with almost any screenreader (that is less than 8 years old) and a free
version of acrobat. For word documents you also need software to open it and
the most common, word costs.

While this is generally true, you need to remember that the creator of a PDF
should do a few simple things to make it accessible.  Most don't.

Kerry

--
Kerry Webb
Policy Office

This email, and any attachments, may be confidential and also privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all
copies of this transmission along with any attachments immediately. You should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person.