From: "Lachlan Hunt"

Thierry Koblentz wrote:
I don't see this behavior in ie7 WinXP Pro
But I think you should be able to fix what you describe by giving layout to some element in there.
Did you try: body {zoom:1}

Be very careful about overusing hasLayout. It's not something that should just be gratuitously used everywhere you think there's a bug, particularly when you can't actually see a bug. If used carelessly, hasLayout has the potential to cause more problems than it actually solves.

Hacks should always be a last resort, not something you turn to at the first sign of a bug. It's always better if you can resolve the issue at source, instead of throwing random hacks at it until it's patched.

I don't think anybody suggested to do such things.
FWIW: a width or a height could fix the issue as well, but IMO if it is a "fix" it is a "hack". As a side note, I prefer to use "zoom" to give layout to an element over other properties as it clearly indicates in the stylesheet the reason why it is there; for the same reason, if I was using "width" for example, I'd go with "*width"...

---
Regards,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com