Frank Palinkas wrote:
> You can find more info on the use of unobtrusive DOM/JavaScript in
> Jeremy Keith's book [...] and James Edwards and Cameron Adams book [...]

While I personally agree with Michael that such scripting is not really
something to be encouraged, nor something that can be done in a way that
really meets accessibility standards 100%, I would point to the following
test site by Bill Posters as the closest I've seen to a "best practices"
method of doing this:
http://test.newplasticarts.co.uk/dom-js/flag-offsite-links/

No need to buy anyone's book to get caught up on the latest methods!

Phil.