i´m an "old school webdesigner" by old i mean, i tryed to use cs1.0, some
dhtml ans i used to rock on flash3.0 .by those days i gave up on internet,
nobody was willing to pay someone an honest amout of money to work with
that. (i live in brazil).

In the last ten years i created about 10 websites layout for small
business(so.. nothing), now i´m returning to web and to be hones i´m still
kinda lost.
Started implementing some css sites and it´s hard in the beginning to get
the positioning and the variation of render from bowser to browser. but
after a month i was able to find my way through it, so it´s possible.

although, i don´t have the time i need to keep implementing my layouts and
searching for a solution i came across this service on the internet.

http://www.psd2html.com/

For me it´s kinda expensive, but i´d really like to give it a try. For what
i saw in their site they seem to know about this.
It´s a pain sto create and validate xhtml strict and css code.(i can do that
now, and i´m very proud lol!)
If u are having trouble with that maybe you should give it a try.

best regards
Matheus Neves

2007/5/17, David Hucklesby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:28:41 +0100, kevin mcmonagle wrote:

> Today i just told them to go back to using table based layouts and i
will restrict my
> designs accordingly- i cant listen to the whining anymore.
>
> What would you have done in this situation?

I just tell clients I have no knowledge of using tables for layout.
But then, I am retired and can afford to choose what I work on.

I suggest that you keep your identity off those sites if you want
to protect your reputation, though.

Cordially,
David