Thanks Theiry, I haven't seen the "voice family" one for quite some time :)

It is all down to personal preference of course. I have found it
easier to have the "hack" directly after the style I am trying to hack
for in the code; that way I don't have to search anywhere for it to
figure out what's going on and it would make it easier for others to
figure out.

IMO: If you take your time you shouldn't need too many hacks anyway,
maybe a box model or two and a peekaboo bug here and there, which
should really only require a "\" or a "* html", not too complex. But
again, that is just down to my experience.

Cheers,
Paul

On 18/05/07, Thierry Koblentz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Behalf Of Paul Collins

> conditional comments gives an excuse to be lazy and just write a whole
> new bunch of styles for IE that could have been fixed in the original
> stylesheet with a bit of playing around. When working on sites built

Do you mean that kind of "playing around"?

div.content {
  width:400px;
  voice-family: "\"}\"";
  voice-family:inherit;
  width:300px;
}
html>body .content {
        width:300px;
}

FWIW, I prefer to contain fixes in separate styles sheets rather than
forking back and forth in the same file (and that can be done without using
conditional comments).

---
Regards,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com