First get a feel for the content, play around with different ways of presenting it using a graphics app and or sketching- i use illustrator. The presentation should come naturally from the needs of the content - web standards practices support this way of working. When the illustrator file pops out at me i print them off on some nice glossy photopaper and present these as mockups to the client. I find this safer(most of the time) than putting jpegs online or emailing them because the client could be on 15 inch from aldi's....The only exception is if there is flash, then i show them a sliced jpeg with flash embedded along with the printouts.
hth
kvnmcwebn