From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Michael MD
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:39 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] stand alone blog software

>I *want* to like Drupal. I really do.

same here

> When it's working, it's a beautiful thing. But I've recently had a lot
> of trouble installing the recent version. So much trouble that I gave up
> on it :(

I gave up because it was too slow on a high-traffic site on a busy shared
server where the bottleneck is the mysql queue.
.. way too many mysql statements run to do anything...  and using mysql for
caching is a very bad idea - slows it down even more.

drupal is not unique there ... almost every off-the-shelf cms I've looked at

has the same problem.

I'm hoping the new version is better but haven't tried it yet.