kevin mcmonagle wrote:

I am going to start with the sliding doors 2.0 article on ala.
Does anyone have any advice or examples regarding a sideways tabular nav bar?

You've got the right starting point - but be aware that (in my previous experience) IE/Win (of course...) doesn't honour the background image change on mouseover - unless the bg img is in the <a>.

Hmm - occurs to me that the js fix for Exploder that's used for Suckerfish dropdowns [1] may be adaptable to your tabs - ? But then, of course, you've got to think about degradation when js is disabled...

[1] www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/