> On Behalf Of kevin mcmonagle
>
> Hi-first this is a confusing post but i cant put it simply.

Hi Kevin,
I think you should first clean up that document.
There are empty DIVs all over the place, you have a heading inside a SPAN
element, a mispelled attribute (dl clas="event") and a few other things.
The page is a mess in ie6 and as a side note, this browser won't do PNG
transparency on that gradient unless you use a filter.
Did you consider using that gradient as the background image of the DL
instead? I don't think the effect would be much different if the stacking
contect is reversed and that would also let pointing device users reach the
entire scrollbar (unless, of course, this is part of the effect you're
looking for).

---
Regards,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com