Sorry, I've been away for a while and lost track of this, thanks to
everyone for your comments. I think what you have said is right in
that perhaps the intro text doesn't really have any semantic value, so
there doesn't need to be any tag to match it.

Thanks again for all your replies.

On 26/05/07, Paul Novitski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 5/26/2007 10:04 AM, Designer wrote:
>Presumably, <p title="introduction">  and <p id="introduction">
>would do the trick also?  My own preference would be for the latter.
>Of course, if you are referring to a GROUP of paragraphs
>constituting the introduction, then Paul's class would have to be used.

Yes, either an introduction consisting of multiple paragraphs or
multiple introductions on the same page.  Since we don't really know
the present and future architecture of the site in question, either
of those possibilities seems so likely to occur, particularly the
former, that painting oneself into a corner with id seems to beg for
the busywork of modifying markup & stylesheet down the road.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Novitski
Juniper Webcraft Ltd.