> I'm yet to see a JavaScript-free menu that:
> * Can be used without a pointing device (e.g. by keyboard or breath  switch
> users)
 >* Doesn't vanish the moment that the mouse drifts outside the menu
> (thus requiring fine motor control that users with, for instance,
> arthritis are unlikely to have)

the whole point is that there shouldn't be a javaScript-free menu that provides
this functionality!! CSS is merely a format for styling documents and should
not be used for functionality like that!

the behavior mentioned above is something that is included in HTML, and, if you
want things to look better the required functionality SHOULD be included with
JavaScript.

So in summary - get those JavaScript books out ;>