Hi Marvin,

It sounds like your trying to do to much to soon.

First, lets understand the different aspects of web development.

1) Web Design - This involves understanding colors, extensive knowledge in
graphics
applications such as photoshop, illustrator or fireworks.

2) Front End - This is the coding side of things, the HTML, CSS and
Javascript. Some
front end developers can design aswell.

3) Back End - This is the PHP, MySQL, Java, ASP, Perl and other web based
languages*.
Alot of back end developers spend so much time behind what you see that they
dont know
much about developing front end, but still, alot of people can and do know
all 3.

There is more sides to the web, but i wont discuss them. To me it sounds
like your trying to take
on all 3, without having any working knowledge, or not enough knowledge of
any.

Personally i think you should sit back, and ask yourself what you want to do
over the next 2 years,
is it front end, or back end, or purley design? And when you've made up your
mind, spend the time
and learn more. If you cant grasp layers for design, your in a bit of a mess
as this is real basic stuff,
so understanding how photoshop works would be a great start, but you can't
expect yourself to
learn this all in a day.

Do what feels right, but at the moment, i would'nt waste anymore time and/or
money on this course
until you can get to grips with the basics, which is at least Photoshop,
HTML and CSS.

There are some good resources out there, search google.

Good luck, and keep sticking at it, i can recommend a few good books if you
need. I will give you one
tip, if your going to be doing front end (HTML, CSS, JS) try to use notepad
or notepad++, dont bother
with WYSIWYG editors such as dreamweaver ect. Notepad and the W3C Manuals
should be enough
to learn the foundations.

Kind Regards