There's two approaches, one is to use the Hixie style flash embedding,
and include your text/html content nested inside the inner object
element. This content is visible to text browsers and google. This is
demonstrable by searching for the string:

"FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this)"

, Which is what Hixie put in his original example. (Rather
unfortunately, he didn't put in any useful text).

The other approach is to author a standard's compliant page, with your
text alternative in line, and use a javascript method such as
FlashObject, or UFO to replace the text with a flash movie. Users with
flash installed get the flash movie, users without either Javascript,
or Flash will get standard html content.

On 7/12/07, Micky Hulse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Robby Jennings wrote:
> I'm in a situation where we're hosting externally created flash files on
> our page.  When embedding these files, what is the best method for
> providing a text alternative?

How much text alternatives are we talking here?

More detail on what you need would help me. Are these complex
applications with a lot of content, or do you just need to simply show
alternative content if the flash file fails to load?

--
Wishlists: <http://snipurl.com/1gqpj>
    Switch: <http://browsehappy.com/>