Would someone assist in containing the floats?

Hi,

Seems to be a number of issues with your layout. The 2 main ones would be
the footer should use "clear: both" instead of absolute positioning:

div#bd_footer {
        background-color:#FFFFFF;
        padding:10px;
        clear:both;
        width:75%;
}

The floated divs should not used fixed padding and percentage widths as you
run the risk of wrapping (also you only specified 3 values in padding.):

div#bd_primary {
        background-color:#FFFFFF;
        float:left;
        padding:2% 2% 5% 2%;
        width:50%;
}

IE interprets min-height/min-width differently than you may expect. I see
some hacks in your CSS so maybe you were trying to address that already.

I think there are other issues maybe someone else will spot.

Regards