Hi Georg,

Many thanks again!!!!!

This often means CSS based column-layouts can't be (re)created for
print, which, IMO, isn't a bad thing since multi-columns running over
several printed pages doesn't make all that much sense.
Linearizing - one "column" after the other - makes a lot more sense on print.

I aware of this and already suggested to client. The end-client wouldn't listen, just as he wouldn't listen the fontsize issue. It hasn't been a pleasant project to work on, as much as I wanted to, I cannot just quit half-way because this will be irresponsible (secretly I do hope I get fired though!).

Generally: you should not reuse your screen-styles for print and rely on overriding with print-styles. Starting from scratch with a complete set
of print-styles, will usually result in less complex print-styles and
more reliable results.

It works however I run into another problem. First I realized I forgot to add 'media="screen" for the style sheet and was getting different results both from Safari, Firefox (both don't seem to render correctly) and IE (it shows correctly). As soon as I added the 'media="screen", they work well but the content in IE is gone.

Had the #outer and #inner declared overflow: auto (*also tried 'visible' ) and height: auto (tried 100% too); removed the 25000px in #middle and #right, still, the content is missing. It comes back if I remove the 'media="screen" in other stylesheet. And yes, the print.css is with "media="print".

Checked your perfect equal height page in IE6, there is a big gab between the first and second column. I don't see you have a print style sheet but the equal height column declaration doesn't get in the way. How come? My IE7 is standalone version, the print preview doesn't work therefor I can't test it. This is the same site that I can't show the URL, I wonder if it's ok if I send you the page offlist again to take a look?

tee