On 13/8/07 (13:01) Christian said:

>You can even make a Wordpress blog (and probably the others) output
>valid HTML 4 instead of XHTML. Tutorial:
>http://www.christianmontoya.com/2006/02/13/serve-your-weblog-as-html-401/

That's a really useful tutorial Christian, thanks.
One question though: On your tutorial page, you appear to put some PHP
code above the doctype in order to remove any instance of self-closing
tags. Specifically:

----
That's all you need. The full header looks like this:

<?php
function fix_code($buffer) {
return (str_replace(" />", ">", $buffer));
}
ob_start("fix_code");
?>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd";>
----

Does this not throw Explorer into quirks mode? I was under the
impression that anything (other than whitespace, maybe) before the
doctype had this effect.
Is PHP code an exception to this rule? or am I way off base here?

--
Rick Lecoat