However, if
you want see an example where prestige is also crucial, but the designer
  has use compliant methods and passed 508 validation (at least) see:

                        http://www.fosterandpartners

> .com/Practice/Default.aspx

I dont mean to pick on this website, but from looking at the source i can
already
see a few minor faults. Maybe there is a purpose, i dont know. But the
navigation links should be within a list. There is an empty div for the
divider,
there are other methods to do the same thing.

Anyway taking this back on topic. Ive seen a number of great replies to
this message, its made me think a little more and before i write this
article i best
get back to the drawing board with some hard facts.

And back to the point regarding laws, i cant see how they would create
and major limitations, a law to say that a website must be accessible and
follow the guidelines set wouldn't hold much back. Or some sort of
convention
so that disabled users can quickly find there way to the accessible pages.

I will have a good hard think about this over the next day or so.

Thanks All.