Hi,

When I go to the link you give, I read below the input form the following
statement:

"Note: If you want to validate your CSS style sheet embedded in an (X)HTML
document, you should first check that the (X)HTML you use is valid. "

which links to the Markup Validator.

To me this implies:

it is not validating X(HTML) - just CSS.

If your CSS is in a separate external stylesheet it can check that once
for the entire site.

If you have embeded CSS, you have to validate the X(HTML) for each page
before validating the CSS.

--
Stuart Foulstone.
http://www.bigeasyweb.co.uk