Hi Paul,

>I'm heading down to Sydney in Sept for some training on it's use
>and how to best implement it.

Please tell me your not paying for that.

About Google Analytics
http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/topic.py?topic=10977

Installing the tracking code
http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/topic.py?topic=10976

How do I add tracking code to my website?
http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55488&topic=11126

> Just wanted to make sure I didn't break the site by implementing this.

You can implement the JS on a couple of test pages if you would like to
test the result before including it in all your pages.
Kind Regards,
Kane