Hi all,

What is the current wisdom about the syntax of alt tags? I believe that if I have a decorative image I am supposed to put a blank tag. But I've also been told that the tag should be alt=" ", NOT alt="", because with no spaces (or one) the screen reader will announce 'blank' whereas with two spaces it remains silent. Other folk have said that logo's etc should have a descriptive alt tag whereas some say a blank should be used. Google answers vary somewhat.

So, in summary, my questions are:

1.  When should one use an empty tag?  and, more importantly,
2.  What is the recommended syntax of the empty tag?

Thanks,
--
Bob

www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk