> So I wonder, how many people on this list are in the commercial sectorand
how many are in
> the non-profit / public / government / education sector?

Interesting question.

I for one am in both sectors.  I am a technology consultant and I have
various clients that have me employed handling their web operations, or
aspects therein.
At the same time, however, I also handle web and other technology elements
for a couple of different non-profit organizations and an educational
establishment, for which I volunteer my time.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few people are like that, split somewhere
down the middle.  After all, one has to pay the bills, but every little
thing we put our hearts and minds into for the web doesn't need to be run
out for pennies.