> Drop down lists I'm not so sure but check boxes and radio buttons
> definitely.
>
> They use JavaScript and CSS and it is a form of image replacement that is
> used.
>
> Here is one example:
>
> http://www.whatstyle.net/articles/18/pretty_form_controls_with_css
>
> But there are many out there and as long as your check boxes degrade to
> the
> default you will be fine.  So I suggest styling up your form using the
> defaults and use the example above to enhance the look of the form only.
> The example above uses CSS 3 pseudo classes but I believe he provides a
> suitable alternative if you don't want to use CSS 3.

thanks, it looks like a nice css exercise, but with IE support being
non-existant, and IE usage being everything but non-existant I think I
prefer using the image tricks with javascript.
As for the drop down boxes, I know that tricks exist for those, but I am
afraid that those might not be available with the limits I set earlier on.