On 21/9/07 (10:39) Nick said:

>Agreed that a heading doesn't really make much sense in this context.
>Why not a <p> rather than a <span>? That goes some way to addressing
>the semantics of a list of statements, which is basically what this is.

I the end, Nick, I plumped for a <strong> tag; it gives some semantic
weight to the list item without implying a hierarchical structure. It's
semantically ambiguous content, really, and I suspect that several tags
*could* be pressed into service, so I'm not going to worry about it too
much. I think that the most important aspect was defining it as a list;
the secondary tag (strong) is less important IMHO.

Also, this is destined for an intranet CMS that seems to view semantics
and web standards largely as curiosities from the future to be marvelled
over and then entirely ignored. Still, that's no reason for me not make
the effort. (Their limited set up pull-down formatting options lacks

Thanks to everyone for your invaluable for your suggestions.
--
Rick Lecoat