It would seem odd if Apple went down the same path as Microsoft, especially since using Word to render HTML/CSS in Outlook 2007 was so well received by the web development community! I'm sure they won't want to be accused of following Microsoft.

Also, I have a feeling they wouldn't have bothered negotiating with Microsoft for the use of Word as their new rendering engine...

nick lazar
8bits Media
http://8bits.com.au