Frank Palinkas wrote:

If I may follow on to Rebecca's query and based your reply, is it then
considered good practice (in general) _not_ to add title attributes and
values to hyperlinks?

You can add them, but you must be aware that it's likely that screen reader users won't hear them by default. Also, sighted keyboard users will never see them either. You can add advisory/optional info in the title, but nothing that is critical to understanding what a link is/does. Most of the time, I find that it's better to ensure that the clearly visible link text is self-evident enough, and doing away with titles altogether.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/