Simon Cockayne wrote:

However, my client (my wife) is none too happy about me adding the
logo(s)...as she believes "that will spoil the clean feel of the
site".

And I'd say he's right. To the end user of the site, it's completely irrelevant.

So...how can I spread the good word of valid CSS, XHTML and
WCAG...without "spoiling" the site with verbose text or logos?

Badges on a site won't do it. Spread the word by talking to colleagues in your area, participating in forums, mailing lists, running show and tell sessions at local web developer meetups, writing case studies to put on your blog, etc.

IMHO, of course,

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/