In the beta process, they were doing some flipping browser detection
**from within the plugin**, and only checked for Safari or Firefox, as opposed to check for Gecko. The demos I've seen still only work half and half on Mac browsers, except Firefox 2.0.0.x and Safari.

what about linux browsers?
I won't go near it if it is locked down to one or two operating systems.

I even avoided using flash for anything other than the occasional animated banner until quite recently for the same reason... (it was the talk on Flex a few months ago at a WSG Sydney gathering and the mention of Flash Player 9 being available on linux that encouraged me to to actually take a more serious look at flash/swf/etc!)