Its a personal reason.

I like to do everything from design, to build, to backend scripting to
deploying. I find
its less hassle to create my own layouts for the job i am working on.
Im the same
with JS and PHP, even though there are pre compiled scripts out there,
i would rather
create my own, so at least when i can't find the answer to a problem i will have
the experience to create it.

There are alot of aids out there, but i am a man of dry grass and 2
flints, i will create
a fire with the bare essentials.

I worked for a company, and many of the developers were questioning
the use of YUI
Grids, the boss said he took to much pride in his company to base his
developments
around someone else's creation, i feel that was a bit strong, but
there are alot of
people that don't and won't use them.