From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matthew
Cruickshank
Sent: Wednesday, 31 October 2007 2:56 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Re: SilverLight

Hi Scott,

> There are some patent issues our legal folks are working through to
> ensure that it's all smoothed out and what not, but this is a big step
> for Microsoft in this space and so we are learning as we go via the
> guidance of the Moonlight team (whom are awesome).

Well Microsoft have been doing IT stuff for a while now so it's, er, a
little strange that the patent issues around SilverLight/XAML haven't
been resolved yet.

1) For Linux developers, is the plan to release Microsoft's patents over
MoonLight under a license comparable to that of HTML/CSS?
2) For Linux distributors, is the plan to be compatible with the Debian
patent policy?

And what kind of timelines do you think there might be around solving
these issues (obviously these things can take a while, so when should I
give up hope ;)

Thanks :)

ps. now this is what's awesome http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=KFoTFXxcrrw

.Matthew Cruickshank