Strange to be answering my own post but I have done some more testing. I have verified the PHP page that Ajax calls works correctly by running it separate. I have also verified AJAX works on my browser by running another ajax script. For some reason this script is not being called by the browser.

Michael Horowitz
Your Computer Consultant
http://yourcomputerconsultant.com
561-394-9079

Michael Horowitz wrote:
I am working on my learning Ajax and just copied an example from http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ajax_database.asp but I am finding it isn't working. I am trying to think how to debug what I may be doing wrong. I am working in a unix environment. I've never worked with Javascript much (really just copying and pasting existing code)