Hi all,
I've been asked to work on a multilingual website - including rtl scripts.
I've done bits and pieces before, but always other languages in
predominantly english websites.

Although I see the problems as mainly technical, I'm getting vibes
from others in the team about some mysterious 'cultural sensitivities'
that we'll have to consider as the audience in this case includes the
Islamic community. Perhaps foolishly, I had assumed that a sensibly
designed website, free of pr0n ads and political cartoons, would be
acceptable in most cultures, but maybe I'm just naive.

I'm asking for any gems of wisdom - links or first hand advice, mostly
technical, but anything that deals with the pitfalls in building
arabic websites would be great.

(I should point out the obvious one, we will be engaging native
speakers and expert editors - not simply relying on babelfish ;-)

Thanks in advance.

--
Andrew Harris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]