On 14 Nov 2007, at 22:56, Lars Michael Sørensen wrote:

I recommend http://www.tizag.com/javascriptT/ - they have a lot of
other tutorials as well. Very easy to follow, all the way through.

I would recommend avoiding that tutorial - it teaches some techniques which should never be used by anybody with an interest in making usable and accessible sites. Generally speaking it will get you to the level we were at when Netscape Navigator 3 was the target browser, which was over ten years ago. There are much better techniques available for modern scripting.

I would recommend (in no particular order - look through them in a shop and pick an author whose style you like): "DOM Scripting" by Jeremy Keith, "ppk on JavaScript" by Peter-Paul Koch, David Flanagan's "JavaScript: The Definitive Guide" and Chris Heilmann's "Beginning JavaScript with DOM Scripting and Ajax".

Also, Chris H has an online course at <http://onlinetools.org/ articles/unobtrusivejavascript/> which will help you unlearn the bad things learnt from the tiza.com tutorial ;-).

Regards,

Nick.
--