I see where you are coming from, in a way.

It seems that there is a problem, not with developers, but with
accessibility overall if there is no way to provide additional
information for link text.

Anchor text such as "The Future" or "Our Projects" may be intended,
but to the average user they can scan the page quickly and get an idea
about what "The Future" is relating to. For users who find it
difficult to read or view pages for whatever reason trying to figure
out where that link takes you is going to be hard. That visitor may be
a customer or it may be someone trying to find information.
It would be better to have something like:

Corperation">The Future</a>

Maybe in the new versions of HTML of WCAG they should think about
this, providing addition information. Primarily aimed at people with
disabilities but its there for the average Joe aswell.

Great discussion though, some valid points on both ends i feel.

James