I would agree with this.
The numbering is not truly ordinal and you'll possibly want to add sub
elements in the future.

Further, I would agree that a definition list is more appropriate that too
many headings.

<dl>
<dt>blah blah blah</dt>
</dl>

Now, this can be modified. You could have one dd for each dt and insert
paragraphs into that instead of multiple dds. I would look at the content.
If each paragraph stands on its own and offers a different definition of the
rule, use separate dd's. However, if each paragraph relates with the other
paragraphs, I'd put them in one dd and add the em to each p.

I'm using an em because it is information that should stand out but not
strongly. By separating it with an em, you are not confusing the text, it's
not 1.foo   it is 1.  foo ...

Further, if you use the dl approach, you could also add Thierry Koblentz's
expanding/contracting dl-based FAQ page (http://tjkdesign.com )

Ted Drake
http://last-child.com
Paris, France